This competition field is about your creativity and imagination in telling story in front of the audience. You will use your own performance style in order to make you feel comfortable in attracting the audience.
Storytelling is a competition specifically designed to test your verbal ability by adapting yourself to the situated condition and not forgetting the essence of storytelling itself. It will test your linguistic skills, your confidence to speak in front of public, and imagination to convey an original story in attractive ways within a designated time. Creativity, imagination, and confidence are the keys to win the hearts of audience.
Here are the rules and regulations:
- All competition rules are binding, absolute, and might be altered, added, or eliminated by the committees if felt necessary. Participant who doesn’t abide the rules will be disqualified.
- Participants are highly suggested to come at least 30 minutes before the competition starts and must re-register at the assigned location.
- Every communication devices must be silent or turned off during the competition.
- Participants are not allowed to use electronic gadgets during the performance (electronic dictionaries, laptop, etc)
- Storytelling competition is an individual competition. A registered participant cannot be replaced.
- Participants are prohibited to enter or leave the competition room during other participant’s performance.
- None of the participants is allowed to read any story texts or notes when delivering the story. The timing will begin with the first word uttered by the participant. The maximum time varies in each round. If a participant exceeds the performing time given, 2 points will be deducted from a maximum of 20 seconds of the exceeding time.
- The judges’ decision is final.
- Participants are required to bring their name tags (provided by the committees) in order to enter the competition room.
- No foul language and no swearing.
- Each participant will be called three times in a row based on his/her turn (first chance). Participants who don’t come up after being called three times (first chance) will be put on the last turn (second chance). Participants who don’t come on the second chance will be disqualified.
- Every rule has to be followed. Disqualification is necessary for every participant who doesn’t abide the rule.
- Participants can only be in the quarantine and competition room during the competition.
- Participants are highly recommended to attend the opening ceremony and the technical meeting. The participants who do not attend the technical meeting will not get any guarantees to gain further information from the committees.
- The teachers or the mentors may not watch their student’s performance, unless they register themselves as observers.
- These are the components which will be scored in each performance.
|Content (40)||Presentation (30)||Technical (30)|
|Story Attraction||Creativity in Delivering the Story||Grammar & Wordings|
|Plot Progression/Structure||Gesture & Stage Management||Pronunciation & Clarity|
|Originality||Audience Engagement||Technical Punctuality|
For the first round, you should deliver the story you have prepared with your own style and without ever mentioning the taboo words given. The story will be about “Winter In Indonesia”. The taboo words are: Snow, Hot, Cold, Freeze, Ice, Morning, Afternoon, Night.
- You may bring your own properties to help you deliver your story. The properties should be according to the rules.
- Costumes are allowed in this round (attire only).
- The performing time shall be 7 minutes length.
- There will be a sign showed to the performing participant at the last 2 minutes, the last 1 minute, and the last 30 seconds before the performing ends.
Quarter Final :
In this round, there will be 7 chairs prepared by the committee and each of them has an item, except the last chair. Participant has to tell a story and include the items in the story. The committee will say “MOVE” to tell the participant to continue to the next chair. At the sixth chair, when the committee says “CONCLUDE IT”, participant must move to the last chair and conclude the story.
- The duration for each chair will be 1 minute
- At the last chair, participant will only be given 30 seconds
Semi Final :
In this round, the committee will provide several story backgrounds (e.g. condition, time, and place) and the participant has to choose one of them by drawing lot. The participant may deliver the story with his/her own theme, but don’t forget to include the background into the story. Uniquely, since the judges will face backward, they will not see the participant. Therefore, the judges will only score by listening to the participant’s voice.
- Each participant will be given 15 minutes for preparation.
- The performing time shall be 5 minutes.
- There will be a sign shown to the performing participant at the last 2 minutes, the last 1 minute, and the last 30 seconds before the performing ends.
Imagination and Uniqueness
Participants must enter the performance room and come toward a small box on the table. The committee will shake that box. And then, you may take the lot. You have to open the lot and show the topic of the story to the committee. After that, you have to return it to the committee and you will be told the taboo words based on that topic. You have to tell a creative and interesting story spontaneously.
- You will given taboo words
- The perfoming time shall be 5 minute length
- There will be a sign showed from time keeper to the performing participant when its begin to start, and the 30 seconds before the perfoming ends.
|09.00-12.00||Preliminary Round (Interesting Weather)|
|13.00-15.00||Quarter Final ( Interesting Story)|
|15.15-15.30||General feedback & knowledge sharing session|
|09.00-11.30||Semi Final ( The voice )|
|13.00-15.15||Final ( Imagination and Uniqueness)|
|15.30-18.00||Closing Ceremony and Announcement|